Google


Monday, August 21, 2006

Someday I Will Tell My Children


“You do not love me!” how many tomes have your children put that to you? And how many times you as a parent have resisted the urge to tell them ‘HOW MUCH YOU DO!?’
Someday when my children are old enough to understand, the logic that motivates a mother, I will tell them :-



I loved you enough to annoy you about where you were going, with whom and what time you would get home.

I loved you enough to be silent and let you discover that your hand picked friend was an obnoxious person.

I loved you enough to stand over you for 2 hours while you cleaned your room, a job that would have taken me just 15 minutes.

I loved you enough to make you return a chocolate with a bite out of it and confess to the shopkeeper, “I stole this”.

I loved you enough not to make excuses for your lack of respect or your bad manners.

I loved you enough to ignore, what every other mother did despite your complaints.

I loved you enough to accept you for what you are and not what I wanted you to be.

But most of all, I LOVED you enough to say ‘NO’ when you hated me for it – it was the hardest part of all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home